Outrageous Cookie Bars
See, it fits with my book Outrageous Grace. I’m making some right now and putting them into the freezer. I’m saving them for Isaac’s bake sale on Oct. 20. Leave a comment and let me know how you like it. Here ‘tis:
- First melt one stick of butter in the microwave and pour it into a 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Then dump in 1½ cups of graham cracker crumbs. Stir them into the butter and spread them evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Next, pour a can of Sweetened Condensed milk (14 oz. size) over the crumbs.
- Then sprinkle a 12 oz. pkg. of mini chocolate chips over the milk.
- Then sprinkle 1 cup of desiccated coconut over the chips.
- Finally, chop 1 cup of walnuts and sprinkle them on top of the coconut.
- Press all this down firmly with the back of a pancake turner
- Bake for 30 minutes in an oven set at 350°. The coconut should look lightly browned. Set the pan on a wire rack and cool the bars completely before cutting them. This makes 3 dozen yummy bars.